GENDER EQUALITY BODIES
Regional Development Institute, Gender Studies Research Group (former Gender Studies and Research Centre)
- Gender equality implementation at Šiauliai University;
- Development of interdisciplinary research on gender for the achievement of gender equality and for the assertion of non-discrimination by applying social innovation and developing the welfare society.
Institutional workgroup addressing sexual harassment and discrimination on the grounds of gender
Sexual harassment and the anti-discrimination group established, Plan developed.
GENDER EQUALITY MEASURES
- Childcare Centre at the premises of the University (2-3 hours).
Decision-making and leadership
Promoting equal representation in decision-making: “Siauliai University Council Election Tactics and Strategy to enable women representation” (selected by EIGE as an example of good practices).
Equal pay measure: comparison of salaries carried out in 2014.
Integration of gender into research and teaching and Gender Studies / Programme
Gender Studies and Mainstreaming Gender Equality for Change of the University.
Mobbing, Sexual Harassment
Training for University students and staff under the “IT STOPS NOW!” campaign.
Training courses: Training for staff, administration and students.
HR EXCELLENCE IN RESEARCH
Utilization of HR Excellence in Research to enhance gender equality
- Establishing and renewing annual awards for chief researchers (principal investigators), senior researchers and junior researchers for research-related achievements;
- An annual award is presented to the institute or department which implements gender equality;
- Developing regulations concerning the award for the best approach to gender equality under the supervision of the Gender Study Centre, HR department and Rector.