GENDER EQUALITY BODIES
Equal Opportunity Panel of the Masaryk University
- Carrying out investigations in cases of suspected violation of equal opportunity principles;
- Formulating recommendations for the Rector with regard to specific cases under investigation.
GENDER EQUALITY MEASURES
Gender Equality Plan
GEP II (2020-2023) implemented as part of HR Award Activity Plan. GEP I (2015-2019) successfully concluded as a part of the LIBRA Project (H2020).
WLB Policy is in place: http://libra.ceitec.cz/work-life-balance-policy/.
Flexible working arrangements:
- Flexible working hours;
- Work@Home (home office): unregulated for academic employees / non-academic employees: requires written agreement with workplace supervisor;
- Part-time positions are offered;
- Adaptation of meeting hours: core meetings are preferably organized during “core hours” (9 am - 3 pm);
- Individual personal return plan (upon agreement with workplace supervisor): all workplace supervisors and employees are strongly recommended to agree upon an individual personal return plan following maternity/parental leave (a template of such a plan can be found in the Grants, Research and Parenthood brochure);
- Grant support for researchers returning from maternity/parental leave: the Grant Agency of MU (GAMU) offers the “GAMU G” grant scheme – Interdisciplinary Projects up to 5 million CZK for 3 years, initiated annually in autumn: https://gamu.muni.cz/en/pro-vedce/g-mezioborove-vyzkumne-projekty. An extra 500 thousand CZK may be requested if at least one member of the research team is on or returning from maternity or paternity leave and will be involved on the level of at least 0.5 FTE throughout the project’s duration;
- Consultancy services by HR Department: areas related to maternity and parental leave and related allowances, work-life balance tools, etc.;
- WLB Module (libra.ceitec.cz): offering self-development tools focused on development of competencies in professional and personal life;
- Events for family members (Children’s Day, St. Nicolas’ Day);
- Nappy changing tables at CEITEC MU buildings but no special premises for breastfeeding/lactation; however, all breastfeeding women are entitled to use meeting rooms in buildings A35 and A26 for this purpose if these are not currently booked and in use;
- Children@Work: if there are no serious operational constraints, employees can bring their children to work for a limited period of time. However, it is expected that the parent will ensure proper behaviour of his/her child/children and that their presence will not disturb other employees in their work.
- Babysitting during selected events: the relevancy and feasibility of organizing babysitting services is considered at in the event setup phase, in standard course.
- Joint events to get to know each other better (Christmas Party, Ski Trip, etc.);
- Shower rooms at CEITEC MU buildings;
- Regular sports courses for MU employees and students (https://is.muni.cz/obchod/fakulta/fsps/zamestnanci/?lang=en);
- Keep-in-touch policy (upon agreement with the workplace supervisor);
- Access to intranet, internal newsletters, invitations to institute (or team) events, etc.;
Decision-making and leadership
Representation of women in decision-making and advisory bodies of the Institute is monitored. When nominations for such positions are collected, the gender aspect is considered.
A career system is in place. It prevents the inheritance of research groups and incorporates measures against inbreeding. The norm regulates the principles and prerequisites of career advancement, career development, and career change for employees working at CEITEC MU. Source: https://www.ceitec.eu/ceitec-mu-adopted-new-career-system/t10069
Integration of gender into research and teaching and Gender Studies / Programme
Within the LIBRA project, an online tool on SGD has been developed.
Mobbing, Sexual harassment
Policy on sexual harassment.
- Gender equality is regularly communicated via internal communication channels, such as internal newsletters, internal events, etc.;
- PR strategy implements the principles of gender-sensitive communication.
HR EXCELLENCE IN RESEARCH
Utilization of HR Excellence in Research to enhance gender equality
The Gender Equality Plan is an integral part of the HR Award Action Plan. The first GEP (GEP I) was implemented as part of the LIBRA project (H2020) in 2015-2019. The second GEP (GEP II) for the 2020-2023 period was formulated as part of the HR Award implementation. GEP II further develops activities launched in GEP I.